Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My hardest quilt yet


So this is the quilt I started back in 1996 and was too afraid to pull it out and work on it, but after having made so many quilt block quilts this year decided to try it. It is very time consuming and I haven't worked on it for about 2 wees, so it won't be done in time for Christmas, but at least it is coming together. It is called the "Ohio Star"

It takes alot of patience to get the triangles lined up just right because if the triangles are off then when you sew them to the squares they don't fit right. I am excited to get this quilt finished. I just am not sure how to sew the green inbetween the squares.

I put the blocks on my bed because I plan on putting a green about this color between them, I really hope I can pull this off, if not it has been a great learning experience.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

HOLY AMBITIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is looking great and will be beautiful. For the green, you have to cut it :-( and then sew the blocks to it! If you find an easier way let me know! I'm starting my quilt project in Jan! I may take you up on that break!