Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shannon's wedding quilt

This quilt was a huge undertaking. I learned about this pattern from the humanitarian group. They told me it was easy to do but looked quite sophisticated. So I got brave and tried it. I decided to make it for Shannon for her wedding which gave me a deadline to finish it. Lots and lots of hours went into sewing it and as you can see it was quite large. Shannon has a California King bed so it had to be big.
Luckily I had Grandma Evans and Grandma Wiser around to help me finish it. We went to the club house after it was all pieced together and tied it and binded it. What a huge project.


I am glad that I did it because I now have the confidence to go one step further and work on a more detailed pattern for my own bed. It is called an Ohio Star. I will post pictures of it later as it begins to take shape.


No comments: