Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My roller coaster

March 26, 2008. I am on an emotional roller coaster. Baby Gracie did well during surgery, but that night her heart stopped at 1:30 am. They were able to do CPR and then get her on a machine that is keeping her alive. At this time anything could happen. She has a 50/50 chance of pulling through this. Yesterday they gave her a name and a blessing in the hospital. Mom says the blessing was very sweet and very full of love for this little one. We don't know her future but we do know that she is loved very much on both sides of the veil. Tom and Michele are at witts end. They finally got some sleep last night. Today Michele is having a very hard day. She put a poem on her blog (tom, my brothers blog). If you want to see the play by play check out their blog. They have a lot of pictures of this little angel.

Hunter seems to be oblivious to how I am feeling because the angrier I get the more distructive he gets, so I dropped them off at Grandma Evans and told her good luck and I will come back when I can be sure I won't kill Hunter. I went shopping and bought material to do a quilt like the one Melissa showed me how to do. This will be my second quilt. I just needed to distract me and sewing will be that distraction.

I just want to cry. I dont' know how the Baby Gracie story will turn out and it is so hard to watch my Mom, Dad, Tom and Michele go through this. If she wasn't so darn cute and didn't have such a precious disposition about her, but when you look at her and she looks deep into your soul you just cry and wonder what her future will hold.

2 comments:

Gledhill said...

I know how hard it is for you to be at your home when you would like to be here with Gracke. I'm glad you are feeling better. It was so nice of Grandma Evans and Phil to care for the boys so you could have some quite time. I pictured you quilting with the soft muscic from the radio going and knew you were doing the right thing to restore the calmness you need to feel the Love the Lord wants you to have. I Love you with all my heart Katie, You take care and give my love to Phil and my Grandchildren for me.
dad

Melissa said...

I check Tom and Michelle's blog every day adn cry every time! You're family is in our prayers! Have fun quilting!