Monday, March 31, 2008

Quilting and Baby Gracie

March 31, 2008
Needless to say my quilting is coming along. It helps pass the time away as Baby Gracie is still in critical condition. Saturday they were going to take her off life support and let her heart do the work, but the moment they did that the heart beat was too weak and the blood pressure went way down, so they immediately put her back on life support. They are looking at all the possible complications as to why her heart beat isn't stronger. They went back in her chest, adjusted the valve, coterized a small bleed, and discovered her thyroid was low, so they fixed all these issues and will try on Tues or Wed to take her off life support again.

So my house is clean and my quilt is coming along. I just about have all the fabric cut out. I am winging it since I don't know how big to make it or even what it will be used for, I just needed to get my mind off of Baby Gracie. Off to house work I go, an ever constant vigil we do.

4 comments:

kat said...

Hi, Katie!

Thank you for updating Little Gracie's progress for so many of us who love her and pray for her constantly. I'm happy you were able to come back down to be here with your mom and with Tom & Michelle.
Katherine has been so incredible this past week, but I know she's missed you a lot! You are such an outstanding woman, Katie. Over the years I've been enriched by your insightful and sensitive observations of life. (Your mom does an excellent job in that arena, too, doesn't she? She is always tutoring me in one way or another. I love her.)
If you read this, let your mom know so she doesn't need to call me. She is so emotionally spent; I can read your blog. Let me know what and when I can help you both---Love, Kathaleen

Melissa said...

I'd love to see pictures of your quilt!

Mike and Kris said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while so I decided since I have the day off that I would read it! Then I read your brothers. Wow, what a very hard time for all of you!! I just cried while I read it. What faith you and your family have! I will be praying for baby Gracie and everyone involved. We love you!

Melissa said...

I'm still checking on Gracie every day! I cry every time I read it! Thank you for sharing your sweet little neice with us! SHe's touched so many people! I'll be praying for you all!